Disney’s Tree of Life is a work of art! Animals of all kinds are carved within the tree’s trunk and along the path around the tree. Here is a free printable Tree of Life Animal Scavenger Hunt that will encourage children and adults alike to spend some time exploring this magnificent tree.
The pathway around the Tree of Life can be accessed across the entrance from Pizzasafari or behind the Dug & Russel meet and greet area on Discovery Island. Even if the park is crowded, this area is usually quieter because not many people know about it. You can see all the animal carvings, a beautiful waterfall, and there are a couple shady places along the way.
Tree of Life Animal Scavenger Hunt
The Tree of Life features approximately 325 carvings of existing and extinct animal species carved on its trunk and surrounding roots according to the Disney Fandom Wiki. I am not listing all of those and can’t find a list of them all anywhere.
I have listed 50 that I have either found myself and I am guessing are some of the 325 animal carvings.
- a Hidden Mickey
- David Greybeard, the famous chimp studied by Jane Goodall
- Asian Elephant
- Great Horned Owl
- Road Runner
- Bottle-nosed Dolphin
- Lady Bug
- Frilled Lizard
- African Elephant
- Whooping Crane
- Snowy Owl
- Bighorn Sheep
- Manta Ray
Animal Scavenger Hunt Game Play
- Have a Time Limit. Since you probably don’t want to be at the Tree all day set a timer, maybe 20-30 minutes for the game.
- Print Tree of Life Animal Scavenger Hunt Printable. Print one out for each person/team.
- Make it a Picture Scavenger Hunt. Have each person snap a picture of the animal they said they found.
- Competition Rules. Determine your rules. Specify whether teams must stay together for the duration of the hunt or if they are permitted to split up to look for items. Be clear about what will earn a deduction of points such as being late, asking Cast Members for help, etc.
- Determine a Prize. Will the prize just be the satisfaction of the win or something physical? If it is the satisfaction of the win, grab a free celebrating pin from a Gift shop and write Scavenger Hunt winner. My budget-friendly prize suggestions are a $10 Disney souvenir, a Tree of Life Disney Pin (under $15), a repeat of a ride of the winner’s choice, or snack item.
Tree of Life Animal Scavenger Hunt Printable
Make sure to pack a writing utensil in your park bag to complete this with.
Click here to get your free Tree of Life Animal Scavenger Hunt Printable. Not only will you get access to this Disney printable, but my whole Disney Planning Printable Library!
If you are looking for another fun Disney photo Scavenger Hunt, I also have one for Disney Springs. Click here to read about that one!
Looking for more Animal Kingdom Fun?