A few years ago my husband and I did the Turkey Trot. I enjoyed it a lot. My husband asked me last night if I wanted to do it again this year. I said yes! So, with only about 5 weeks to “train” my plan is to walk/jog the 5k. Starting tonight I am going to be walking 4-6 times a week. I plan to do this mainly in the evenings with my husband. The hard part for me is going to want to walk alone when he is at work. I am determined though. I remember the sense of accomplishment I felt after completing last one and want that feeling again!
My 3 things to concentrate on this week:
- My walking schedule:
- Monday- after dinner (with husband)
- Tuesday- after dinner (Walk Away the Pounds DVD)
- Wednesday- after church (with husband)
- Thursday- rest
- Friday- morning
- Saturday- morning (with husband)
- Sunday- evening (Walk Away the Pounds DVD)
- Vegetables. I have been so BAD about eating my vegetables. So I am going to start small. For this week, I am going to make sure I have at least one veggie for every evening meal.
- Water. I know I haven’t been drinking enough water. My goal is to drink the 8 glasses on non-walking days and 10 on walking days.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram as I document my progress for this week.
Do you participate in your local Turkey Trot?