Hollywood Studios is changing and this summer Toy Story Land opens. This new 11-acre land will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore the fun and adventure of Andy’s backyard.Though I am still in mourning over losing the previous focus of Hollywood Studios, the magic of movies and movie making, I am excited about this new area of the park.
***Article updated 4/11/2018*** Woody’s Lunch Box Menu added
Toy Story Land opens June 30th, 2018!!
4 Things I’m Excited About in Toy Story Land
Toy Story Land has some new and exciting rides and areas for guests to enjoy. I am excited about a few things and here is why.
Lower Wait Times for Toy Story Mania
Toy Story Mania is a very popular ride at Hollywood Studios. This is mainly because Hollywood Studios has such little to do right now, plus the ride is really great! With the opening of Toy Story Land, there will be a third track added to the ride. That should help wait times a bit.
A New Dining Option – Woody’s Lunch Box
The land’s Woody’s Lunch Box will be a new quick-service restaurant that will offer up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats to Toy Story Land guests. Disney is partnering with Babybel cheese at Woody’s Lunch Box.
Here is the newly released menu (4/11/2018)
- S’more French Toast breakfast sandwich. Oozy goodness in a chocolate ganache- and marshmallow-stuffed French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles. Inspired by the classic American campfire treat.
- Grilled three-cheese sandwich. To ensure a soft gooey middle, Disney chefs created a sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, layered in provolone and cheddar and wrapped the sandwich in garlic butter-grilled French bread.
- BBQ brisket melt. With a nod to cowboy Woody, this Texas-style smoked brisket features cheddar, Monterey Jack, pickles, BBQ sauce and garlic butter-grilled sourdough.
- Totchos. Bite-sized potato barrels, corn chips, chili and queso. ‘Nuf said.
- Lunch box tarts. A modern interpretation of a breakfast toaster pastry as a hand-held dessert, these feature a uniquely delicate crust. Layer in high-quality ingredients for fillings, add a decorative garnish, and these tasty tarts beat anything mom packed. Choice of Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Dried Fruit and Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Caramelized Bacon
- Smoked turkey, tomato, and lettuce on multigrain bread. The quintessential lunch box sandwich. To give it a kick of flavor, Disney chefs add a creamy Dijonnaise.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait. Layers of banana-vanilla Greek yogurt (with a hint of honey), fresh bananas, strawberries, and pineapple topped with granola and chocolate chips. A delicious way to start the day!
Also on the menu for lunch is a Monte Cristo. Woody’s version of this classic sandwich has layers of ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, and raspberry jam…and is grilled to a golden brown. Kids’ offerings include grilled cheese sandwich or turkey sandwich, both with potato barrels and mandarin oranges. Sides include tomato basil soup, vegetable macaroni salad, potato barrels and Mini Babybel snack cheese, the official snack cheese of Walt Disney World Resort.
In addition to fountain drinks and refreshing lemonade, beverage offerings include a classic Barq’s root beer float and a Mystic Portal Punch (Powerade Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of lemon-lime and tangerine). For the big kids, there’s a Grown Up’s Lemonade with cherry vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, and black cherry purée.
Two New Rides
Slinky Dog Dash
Slinky Dog Dash is a family-friendly coaster which will send riders dipping, dodging and dashing around turns and drops that Andy has created to stretch Slinky and his coils to the max. The coaster looks super fun.
My only concern is that the last couple new rides have left some plus-size guests out. Will I fit in Slinky Dog Dash? I’m nervous/excited to try and I am hoping to not be disappointed like I was with Pandora’s Flight of Passage.
Alien Swirling Saucers
This Pizza Planet toy playset is loaded with aliens circling about in their flying saucers pulling along rocket ships full of guests. The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of activity, while “The Claw” looms over. This ride looks like a “teacups” ride. I have no fears about “fitting” this ride as I fit ok in the Tea Cups at the Magic Kingdom. It looks like a fun ride for the whole family!
Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier Changes to Adjust for New Toy Story Rides
Since Toy Story Land is bound to be very popular for awhile Disney has changed what rides are in what tiers for Hollywood Studios. You are able to choose one Tier 1 attraction with your first 3 Fastpasses. Your other choices must be from Tier 2. After you use all your first 3 Fastpasses you may book another in either tier. Tier 1 rides are rarely available in the afternoon though so waiting for at least 2 of the new Toy Story Rides will be part of your day.
Tier 1 Attractions
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Toy Story Mania
Tier 2 attractions, of which you’ll be able to select two, will include:
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Star Tours
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
New Photo Opps
Since we are shrinking down to toy size, I am guessing there will be a lot of great, fun photo opportunities for us to enjoy. I am also hoping that a few more characters from Toy Story will be available. Right now we can only meet Woody, Buzz, and a few Toy Soldiers. Jesse is confirmed to come back to greet guests! My hope is that even more Toy Story characters will be found.
Toy Story Land Trivia
Here are some fun facts about Toy Story Land!
- More than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.
- In Toy Story Land, Andy’s footprint is about 25 feet long or the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.
- It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s shoeprints.
- You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that tower over Toy Story Land.
- The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000 gallons of milk.
- Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one another.