Target is one of my favorite stores to save money at because there are so many ways to save at Target! Plus, you don’t find “people of Walmart” at Target, lol. My Target always has friendly employees, is always clean, and I rarely encounter long lines to check out.
Top 10 Ways to Save at Target
- Bring in your own reusable bags. Target will give you a 5¢ coupon for each bag you bring in that is needed for your purchases that day.
- Get a Target RedCard. This is not a credit card, but it can be if you wanted it to be one. (Divas Who Save does not promote the use of credit cards). The Target RedCard is a debit card that make ACH withdrawals from your bank. With the RedCard, you save 5% on all purchases, including gift cards like Disney and Gas.
- Target accepts manufacturer coupons. They also have a catalina machine that dispenses manufacturer or store coupons.
- Target has store coupons. Sometimes they release coupon inserts in the Sunday Paper, through the mail, and through text messages.
- Use the Target Cartwheel app. The cartwheel app is an app that gives you an additional percent off certain products. You select which products to put into your “cart” and then just have the cashier scan the barcode on your phone. All your discounts will be applied.
- Target allows coupon stacking. This is where the savings really add up! You can use a manufacturer coupon, store coupon, and the cartwheel app all on one item. It doesn’t happen too often where there are all 3 ways to save, but a lot of times there are at least 2 ways to save. Plus, you can stack the bag 5¢ coupon, and the Target RedCard discount on top of every thing else.
- You can “roll” the Target Gift Card deal transactions which sometimes result in moneymakers. Every week Target comes out with several gift card deals. An example would be, buy 2 Covergirl Products get a $5 Target Gift Card. Buy 2 products, use whatever store and manufacturer coupons are available. After you finish that transaction, repeat it and then use the first Gift card you received making the deal even sweeter. I like to save my Target gifts and not spend them on non gift card deals. I have also been known to save them up and then buy something big or special!
- Save money at Target by shopping clearance.
- Sadly, the clearance code that floats around on Pinterest is a hoax.
- Target has 2 great clearance events. A Baby Items Clearance in January and July and a Toy Clearance in July and October.
- The Holiday Markdown Schedule is merchandise goes to 50% off the day after the holiday, then 3 days later 70%. Bagged candy starts at 30% then goes to 50% and 75%. Again, 3 days after that what’s left is 90% off. 2 days after that it Target gives it to places like Goodwill.
- Shop the $1 and $3 Spot. You never know what fun bargains you will find.
- Make a list. Target just seems to be one of those places you walk in for milk and eggs and come out $150 later. Writing a list keeps you on track.