Remember the monster under your bed or in your closet as a kid? Monsters Inc. shows us that those monsters were just doing their job. Go inside the Monster World and see how scaring kids works and what happens when a kid sneaks inside their world. Here are some Monsters Inc fun facts and Easter Eggs.
Monsters Inc. Movie Fun Facts
What is Boo’s Real Name?
Boo’s real name is Mary, as shown briefly on one of the crayon drawings she shows to Sulley in the scene where Boo is going to sleep on Sulley’s bed.
How Old is Boo?
In early drafts, the character of Boo was written to be six years old. The writers decided to make Boo younger because it would make her more dependent on Sulley. She is two years old in the movie.
The Movie Tells Us Pixar’s Phone Number
About 3:26 into the movie, when the simulation has ended and the monster reaches for a knob on the control panel to review the videotape, just below and to the left of the knob is a little indicator which reads “510-752-3000”, which is Pixar’s phone number.
How Hairy is Sully?
It normally took 11 to 12 hours to render a single frame of Sully because of his 2.3 million individually animated hair strands (Total number of hairs: 2,320,413).
How Did Pixar Get Boo’s Voice Recorded?
Mary Gibbs, who plays Boo, was so young that it proved difficult to get her to stand in the recording studio and act her lines. Instead, they simply followed her around with a microphone and cut Boo’s lines together from the things she said while she played.
What Does 2319 Mean?
The 2319 code is for a white sock incident. The 23rd letter in the alphabet is a W and the 19th is an S, meaning the code actually stands for W.S. (White Sock).
Monster’s Inc Easter Eggs
A Easter Egg in movies is a nod to another movie in a movie. Pixar always gives a nod to the next Pixar movie, which in this case was Finding Nemo.
- In the first scene, one of the toys on the boy’s bedroom shelf is the toy plane that hung from the ceiling and caused Buzz to “fly” in.
- You can also see the Luxo ball (the Pixar ball) in Boo’s Room and Boo hands Sulley a Jesse doll and a Nemo toy.
- As Mike and Sully go through the scare floor, the rolling clown, from Toy Story can be seen in the background.
- When Randall is practicing camouflaging into backgrounds of walls, one of the images given to him is the wallpaper Andy had in his room.
- John Ratzenberger plays a small part in every Pixar movie. In Monsters Inc he plays The Abominable Snowman who has been banished to the Himalayas.
- The Pizza Planet Truck makes its way into every Pixar movie and in Monsters Inc. it is next to the trailer Randall gets trapped in. The trailer also makes an appearance in A Bug’s Life.
- You can spot the red unicycle from the Pixar short Red’s Dream during the final scene — Red’s Dream was Pixar’s second computer-animated short.
You Might also Enjoy These Posts: