I am writing this a little ahead of schedule because I will be in Orlando for the advanced screening of Planes. Since I am going to see Planes I thought I would share some Cars trivia. I love the Car movies, the first more than the second.
- On average, it took 17 hours to render each frame of the film. In addition, it was the first Pixar film to use ray-tracing to accurately create the reflections on the cars.
- Cars received a 74% “Certified Fresh” rating on the movie review website, Rotten Tomatoes. This is the second-lowest rating ever given to a Pixar film, after its sequel Cars 2, which got an even lower rating.
- During the introductory race, there is a white car with the Apple, Inc. logo.
- If you look at any sky scenes, all the jet contrails are tire marks.
- Luigi’s license plate reads 445-108, which is the latitude and longitude for the main Ferrari factory in Modena, Italy.
So, are you going to see Planes? Be sure to check out my review that will be posted on Friday!