Welcome to another Tiggeriffic Trivia Tuesday!
The movie Muppets Most Wanted comes out this month on March 21st. This coming Saturday I get the chance to review the movie. In honor the soon to be new movie release I thought I would travel back to 1979 when The Muppet Movie was released.
Disney Movie Trivia | The Muppet Movie (1979)
- Richard Pryor has a cameo in the movie. He is handing out balloons.
- Tim Burton was also among the many puppeteers in the finale.
- The illusion of Fozzie driving the Studebaker was achieved by having a midget drive the car via remote control from the trunk, using a television monitor to guide his steering. The puppeteers would lay on the seat or floor and couldn’t see a thing. The first time they tested it, the television monitor went on the blink, and the driver had to be talked through the scene by an assistant director on a walkie-talkie (“A little to the right, now, to the left…hold it…”)
- The film was an allegory for Jim Henson’s rise to fame.
- One of the Kermits used in “The Rainbow Connection” was a mechanical; you can tell by the way it strums the banjo, and the colors of Kermit’s “skin”.
Trivia courtesy of Imbd.