NBA Experience, the brand-new destination coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, officially opened Aug. 12, 2019.
In collaboration with the NBA, Disney developed the NBA Experience as a one-of-a-kind environment packed with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors. NBA Experience gives guests the chance to feel like a basketball superstar.
“When we were young, we played basketball in our driveways or in the park, creating those imaginary moments of making the game-winning shot for a championship,” said Stan Dodd, executive producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “We want to take that energy and help you feel what it’s like to be an actual NBA or WNBA player.”
Upon entry, you will feel as if you are walking through the players’ tunnel at an NBA or WNBA arena. Your ticket grants access to every activity, in any order guests choose, with the ability to return to stations to improve performances or learn even more about the game, players, and teams they love. In addition to the competitions and games, the experience will also include a retail store featuring NBA-themed merchandise.
How Much Does the NBA Experience Cost?
What Should I wear to the NBA Experience?
What Activities does the NBA Experience Offer?
- Dribble! – Test ball-handling skills with an interactive coach who leads a variety of dribbling routines
- Dunk! – Execute the perfect slam just like a superstar, captured by cameras surrounding height-adjustable baskets
- Slingshot –Use an oversized slingshot to launch balls at hoops of varying heights, making as many baskets as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge
- Shoot! – Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd while maneuvering through a series of last-second shots before the clock expires
- Combine – Compare wingspan and vertical leap to NBA or WNBA players with this series of tests that replicates NBA Combine drills
- Draft – Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the electric atmosphere of the Draft stage
- Replay – Take a seat at an interactive, multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games and use tools at the station to make the right calls
- Players –Enter the off-court sanctuary of the locker room and explore current team rosters, records and highlights
- Champions – Be immersed in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship teams and take a photo with replicas of the NBA championship and MVP trophies
- “Game Time” – Watch a heartwarming film about the in-arena game experience and the impact it has on a young woman and her father
- “Together” – Discover the amazing on- and off-court story of an NBA superstar in this inspirational, 180-degree cinematic presentation
- Arcade –Play interactive games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to the latest NBA video games
- Trivia –Demonstrate knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a multi-player, real-time contest
How Much Time Should I Allot for The NBA Experience?
According to Cast Members, you should be able to complete all activities in about an hour or an hour and a half. There are no time limits so you can do activities multiple times, even going back to ones you loved.
The NBA Store
Adjacent to the NBA Experience is the NBA Store. You can go to the store without purchasing tickets for the NBA Experience.
This store will feature:
- A collection of official NBA and WNBA merchandise for adults and youth, including jerseys, apparel, headwear, basketballs, home goods, accessories and limited-edition memorabilia
- Walt Disney World products designed by Disney specifically for NBA Experience, including Mickey Mouse Ear Hats with a basketball-inspired cap and a Mickey Mouse basketball-themed mini-backpack
- An assortment of Disney products featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck in new basketball action poses
- Customizable products, including phone cases, MagicBands and water bottles
- NBA Experience-branded items, including backpacks, drinkware, basketballs, headwear and apparel
Is the NBA Experience something you are interested in going to? Let me know in the comments!