My husband and I are always looking for cheap or free fun stuff to do. Here is a list of fun activities in the Tampa Bay Area. All of these are either very cheap or FREE. I will add to this list as I find more activities to add. I will also be adding a Halloween freebies post soon.
- 1st Baptist Church New Port Richey- Fall Festival. Friday, October 25th 6-9 pm Includes Trunk N Treat, games, food, and more.
- Judgement House– This year it is being hosted by Lakeview Baptist Church This is a walk through drama. Not intended for small children. Lakeview Baptist is located at 1430 Belleair Rd Clearwater, FL 33756 Please call the church office at (727) 442-2661 to reserve your spot, walk ins are welcome though. This year’s show is called Behind the Family Portrait. This is takes about about an hour to walk through. $5 Donation requested. Dates & Times are:
- Friday, November 1st 7-10 PM
- Saturday, November 2nd 3-9 PM
- Sunday, November 3rd 3-8 PM
- Sweetfields Corn Maze– Sweetfields Farm, 17250 Benes Roush Rd., Masaryktown. Get lost in a life-sized 5-acre labyrinth made of corn. Guides will help make sure you don’t cheat or get lost. Price is $8.50, $4.50 for ages 3-11, 2 and younger free. Cash only. Open 10am-5pm
- Hunsader Farms Pumpkin Festival– I have mentioned this place before because this is the farm where we get all of our tomatoes to make my delicious homemade salsa. This is a great place!! The dates are October 12-
13 & 19- 20 & 26- 27, 2013. Hours are 9-5. See the website for more information and cost. Everyday at the Pumpkin Festival is loads of fun and consists of:
100+ Craft Booths • Live Music • Live Shows • Pumpkins • Charity Pumpkin Games • Pioneer Trades Village • Hayrides • Pony Rides • Chainsaw Sculptor • Corn Maze Scarecrow Displays • Homemade Ice Cream • Farm Roasted Sweet Corn • Food Galore • Pumpkin Pie • Rock Climbing Wall• Power Jump • Petting Zoo • Barnyard Playground • Face Painting • Children’s Train Ride • Juggler • Fresh Produce •Butterfly Experience • Frog Jumping Championship •
- Green Meadows Farm, Ooky-Spooky Haunted House– kid-friendly Ooky Spookey Haunted House at Green Meadows Farm! This Halloween festival event features our 13-rooms of not so scary fun and laughs for the whole family. Plus everyone gets to pick a pumpkin from our pumpkin patch. All this fun is included in the price of admission. $21 for Florida residents. They are open 9:30-4 and this is in Kissimmee, FL
- Lowry Park Zoo- Pumpkin Toss – Friday October 18th, 11 am. Watch the animals have some Halloween fun with their own pumpkin party, a seasonal treat for the animals and guests at the Zoo. See which animals stomp, chomp, kick, play and pounce on special seasonal treats! The pumpkin toss is part of the animal enrichment program at the Zoo and is included free-of-charge with Zoo admission. I found out about this from abcactionnews.com
- 10th Annual Pumpkin Palooza Fall Festival – 11am to 5pm on October 5, 2013. This is put on by the St. Petersburg Junior Women’s Club. This great family festival features live entertainment, a pumpkin patch, carnival games, community awareness zone, craft vendors, food, and opportunity drawing baskets. Pumpkin Palooza is our annual fundraising event. Proceeds from the festival allow us to continue our long tradition of volunteer service projects in the community. We invite you to check out our website for more information about Pumpkin Palooza, including a map: www.gfwc-spjwc.org.