Add some force-filled cleaning powers to your routine with these fun Star Wars shaped soaps. This homemade essential oil Star Wars soap recipe has some really great health benefits so you can be your best inside and out. These soaps add some fun to a child’s bath time or let an adult be a kid again!
Homemade Essential Oil Star Wars Soap Recipe
- 1-pound goats milk melt and pour soap base (You can find it in a 2-pound package on Amazon)
- 2 teaspoons sweet almond oil (you can also use coconut oil, olive oil or another carrier oil)
- *15-20 drops tea tree essential oil (for kids under 10, use 5-10 drops of each oil)
- 15-20 drops lavender essential oil
- 15-20 drops patchouli essential oil
- 15-20 drops rose essential oil
- 15-20 drops chamomile essential oil
- Mica powder for coloring (I got mine on Amazon)
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Silicone mold (I got mine from Amazon. These are actually ice cube molds that we used because they are the perfect size for smaller hands!)
Steps 1-2: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt soap base in the microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Add the sweet almond oil.
Step 3: Add lavender essential oil. This essential oil has got to be one of the most widely used and versatile. It has been shown to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties and can speed up the healing process of burns, cuts and can help lessen the formation of scars. It works great on eczema when paired with chamomile essential oil. It is also known to help relax you and induce sleep.
Step 4: Add patchouli essential oil. This oil has been shown to have strong astringent and anti-inflammatory properties and can help lift your mood. It can also inhibit fungal growth and reduce fevers.
Step 5: Add rose essential oil. This oil is one of my favorite oils! It is a natural antiseptic and offers antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It can also help fade scars and even reduce anxiety.
Steps 6-7: Add chamomile essential oil. I used this oil because it can calm irritated skin, acts as an antibacterial and anti-fungal. It can also fade scars, prevent wounds from becoming infected and can even relieve pain as it has analgesic properties. Mix everything together.
Steps 8-9: If you are using more than one color, evenly distribute into as many bowls as needed. We used two colors; purple and orange. Add your first color (in the example, we used orange.)
[su_box title=”Related Post” style=”soft” box_color=”#005530″ radius=”0″]10+ Star Wars Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life[/su_box]
Step 10: Whisk into soap mixture.
Step 11: Pour mixture into the mold.
Step 12: Spray soap mixture with rubbing alcohol to prevent bubbles.
Steps 13-17: Repeat steps 10-11 with the second color (we used purple.)
Allow to harden for at least two hours and gently pop out of the mold. I recommend storing in a plastic bag or a container with a lid.
These would be a great DIY addition to a Star Wars bathroom! I also think they would make cute favors for a Star Wars themed party. If you found this post helpful or want to make these in the future please pin the image below to one of your Pinterest boards, thanks!