Ever since Disney bought Lucas Films I have been trying to get more into Star Wars. My husband is a huge fan and I have been promising him since we have been married that I would try to watch a Star Wars movie. I have seen episode 4 so far and tonight we are watching episode 1. I have seen several ideas on Pinterest, so this is also a Pixie’s Pinterest Post as well. The original blogger had these ideas for a kids party, so I am adapting the ideas for a party of 2 with a romantic affect added. She her whole menu here.
- Chewie Wookie Cookies (not pictured) I used Star Crunch cookies with chocolate chip eyes and mouth
- Jabba the Hummus (not pictured) w/ pita chips (Hummus was on sale at Publix)
- Storm Trooper Cheese Ball (2 blocks cream cheese, 2 cups shredded cheese, 1 pk. ranch mix + olives) We only had a little bit of this, so we have plenty of leftovers.
- Darth Vader Taters (sweet potato kind)
- Jar Jar Links in a Blanket (I used Jennie-O hotdogs, they were on sale at Publix the week before)
- VaderAde (on sale at Publix for 88¢)
- Stinging white Christmas lights in several places for “space ship effect”
- I wore white for princess Leia and doing my hair in Leia buns.
- My husband wore black for Darth Vader
- Glow stick necklaces/ bracelets
- I made little signs for all the food using the Star Wars font found here. It was free 🙂
The date was an awesome success! I loved episode 1 and I can say that I want to watch more. I definitely am intrigued as to why Anakin turned into Darth Vader. He is such a sweet kid.