Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. We fell in love with Han Solo years ago and now we get to know him more. I am probably more excited though about learning more about Chewbacca, lol.
Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
The film stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany.
[su_box title=”Related Post” style=”soft” box_color=”#005530″ radius=”0″]Solo: A Star Wars Story Printable Activity Pages[/su_box]
Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY opens in theaters everywhere on May 25th!
Solo: A Star Wars Story Fun Facts
- There are 25 pairs of the iconic gold dice that hang in the Millennium Falcon. Three of these were made by Tiffany.
- The exterior Millennium Falcon build weighs 31 tons and has to be moved around using two cranes.
- The interior Millennium Falcon set on C stage took three months to build. It is the largest
interior Falcon set ever made on any Star Wars film due to the addition of new areas.
- On the Interior Millennium Falcon cockpit set, rear projection screens have been utilized so that the actors can see and react to pre-designed animations flying and entering hyperspace!
- Over 500 designs for the creatures were produced in the design process for the film.
- Six Eyes is the most sophisticated mechanical head ever produced. It has 50 servos inside the head with onboard intelligence.
- This is the first film to feature Chewbacca in a lead role, so to achieve this level of onscreen action, production produced eight suits and 10 heads.
- A speeder that appears in the background in Corellia is very well traveled. It first appeared in Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Abu Dhabi; it was then revamped and traveled to Iceland for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” and was then revamped for a second time and shipped to the U.K. for this film.
- For stunt work, two of Han’s speeders were built on a custom-built chassis with a V8 engine, allowing them to reach over 100 mph!
Solo: A Star Wars Story Posters
I love the old school look of the posters!