What style of Christmas tree do you have? I have a traditional tree with lots of lights! I don’t think I could ever have a themed tree with just certain colors or ornaments. I have either picked it out because of a special occasion or because I am really into that “theme” that Christmas. One year it might be snowmen, one year Disney, one year snowflakes, you just never know what I will dabble in. I have a good collection of Rudolph themed items and this light up Rudolph Tealight Ornament makes a lovely addition to my tree.
Rudolph Tealight Ornament
The great thing about this ornament is that most of the items can be found at your local dollar tree!
- Small battery operated tealight
- Brown and red paint
- Hot glue gun
- Wiggly eyes
- Sparkly gold pipe cleaners
1. Begin by painting the flame of your battery operated tealight with red paint. We used chalk paint because it is fast drying.
2. Once the flame of the tealight has dried, use brown paint to cover the rest of the front and sides of the tealight. You will not need to paint the back of the tealight.
3. When the paint has dried completely, glue two wiggly eyes to the front of your painted tealight above the flame.
4. Cut a gold sparkly pipe cleaner in half and form each half into a zigzag type of reindeer antler shape. You can see the photo for reference.
5. Hot glue the two pipe cleaner antlers to the back of the tealight, one behind each eye of the reindeer.
6. Cut a small piece of holiday ribbon and tie it into a small bow.
7. Glue the small bow to the bottom front of the tealight reindeer.
8. Cut another small loop of ribbon and hot glue it to the top of the back of the tealight in the middle. This will be the hanger for your ornament.
This ornament would also make a great gift. You could attach an ornament to each gift like a bow!