If you love being at the Disney Parks all the time you can, and who doesn’t, then you can not miss rope drop. One time I wanted to get to the parks so early, I got there before the parking attendants and didn’t have to pay parking!
The following tips will help you navigate the park opening at the Magic Kingdom.
*update* The last day for this Rope Drop show is January 8th, 2017.
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop Tips
- Magic Kingdom generally lets guests through the turnstiles 15 minutes before park opening. If early crowds are large enough, Disney will sometimes let people in earlier or even open the entire park early! This happened for me during the holiday season last year. (Related: 10 Tips to Make Your Disney Christmas Trip Rock)
- After passing through the turnstiles, people gather to enter the park at both tunnels (one to the left of the floral Mickey, and one to the right) under the train tracks. There will be a rope manned by cast members who will prevent you from passing through the tunnel. The rope will be removed during the Welcome Show.
- The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show usually starts 10 minutes before park opening. They choose one family to help open the park. It is a fun show to watch!
- The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show ends with a countdown. After the countdown, guests may enter the theme park onto Main Street. This generally occurs 5 minutes prior to opening.
- If you move quickly upon entering the park after the Welcome Show, when you reach the entrance to a land off the hub, there will be cast members at another rope preventing you from proceeding further until the official opening time. At that time, cast members start walking briskly towards popular attractions, and guests are expected to follow; you are not allowed to pass these cast members.
So, do you usually make rope drop?
Wondering what to do after rope drop? Visit all my Magic Kingdom Park Posts to see all the fun you can have at the most magical place on Earth!
Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE!
You Might also Like: