Help your little ones calm down with the magic of pixie dust with this homemade Pixie Dust Calm Down bottle craft. Pixie dust is one of the most magical things when it comes to Pixie Hollow, Tinker Bell’s home. As the saying goes, anything is possible with faith, trust, and pixie dust.
I am a huge fan of the Tinker Bell movies and when you watch the movies you learn a lot of pixie dust. First you learn that pixie dust comes flowing out of a tree. Second, a moon stone makes the blue pixie dust that multiplies the gold pixie dust. The blue dust makes the pixie dust go from a trickle to a roar. In the Pirate Fairy Zarina masters the art of pixie dust alchemy and shows exactly what pixie dust can do.
One of the best things about pixie dust is that it is sparkly. I love all things sparkly! Even though this is for kids, I, myself is very mesmerized by this craft.
How to Make a Pixie Dust Calm Down Bottle
All the things you need for this craft can be found in your home or at the Dollar Tree.
- Bottle. I used a tall water bottle. I see people on Pinterest use Voss water bottles but I am a cheapskate. Clean out the bottle.
- Glitter. I used gold since that is the traditional pixie dust color but as we learned from the Tinkerbell movies, pixie dust comes in a variety of colors.
- Clear Hand Soap. You will need enough to fill your bottle up 1/2 way.
- Food Coloring. I used Wilton yellow gel.
- Super Glue. To glue to the lid shut.
Calm Down Bottle Recipe
- Fill the bottle halfway with clear dish soap.
- Add your glitter.
- In another container, mix together the water and food coloring.
- Add the colored water to the bottle. Add the water until about 1/8 inch towards the top. I discovered that too much air create too many bubbles.
- Close top and shake. Make the decision as to if there is enough glitter to your liking. I added a smidgen more.
- Once the bottle settles again, super glue the lid on.
This bottle will take about 2-3 minutes for all the glitter to settle.
If you are looking for more ways to achieve this look with different ingredients, try the recipes on this blog.
You Many Also Enjoy: