Don’t you just love a good S’more during the summer? The classic treat of crisp graham crackers, gooey marshmallows, and chocolate is a summer staple. Another thing I love is peppermint bark around Christmas time. In this yummy recipe, I combined the two favorites. Peppermint S’mores Bark is the perfect dessert for a S’mores lover in the wintertime!
Peppermint S’mores Bark
I used semi-sweet chocolate morsels for this recipe. I would only use semi-sweet or darker. Using milk chocolate chips would probably make it way too rich. Golden Grahams were used instead of graham crackers because they are a bit crunchier. Plus, you can always find a coupon for Golden Grahams!
I got my candy canes from Aldi’s and they were less than a $1. I placed some of the unwrapped candy canes into a baggy and then used a rolling pin to smash into smaller pieces.
To melt the chocolate I put about half of the package into the microwave for 45 seconds, stirred and then continued melting the chocolate in 15-second increments. I made this bark in two layers. Once this chocolate was melted I spread the chocolate on the wax paper and then added half of the Golden Grahams, half of the marshmallows, and then added some of the peppermint pieces.
After melting the rest of the chocolate, I spread that on top of the first layer. Then added more cereal, marshmallows, and candy pieces. I used a clean spoon to softly press the toppings in the chocolate.
Let the chocolate harden and then break into small pieces to be enjoyed by all of your family and friends.
You May Also Enjoy:
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
- The Best No-Bake Cookies Ever (with Healthy Tweaks)
- 1 Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Candy Canes, crushed into small pieces
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- Melt 1/2 of the package of chocolate by placing in the microwave in a bowl for 45 seconds and stir. If not melted continue melting in 15 second increments.
- Spread melted chocolate on a pan lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Sprinkles half of candy cane pieces, Golden Grahams, and marshmallows on the melted chocolate.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate in the microwave like in step one.
- Spread chocolate over the 1st layer of the bark and add the rest of the toppings.
- Using a clean spoon or rubber spatula softly press the toppings into the chocolate.