“Boys and girls of every age, Wouldn’t you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween.” One of the best Disney Halloween movies is Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas. These Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cookies are inspired by her patchwork dress and are perfect for a family movie night or Disney themed Halloween party.
Sally is my favorite character in the Nightmare Before Christmas. She is timid in the beginning but still full of spunk. She believed in true love even though she was held captive. When Jack Skellington started going too far trying to take over Christmas she spoke her mind.
Her dress, just like her body is patched together. These Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cookies are to represent her patched together dress.
Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cookies
I am somewhat obsessed with recipes that use cake mix as a base. There so many ways to enhance a regular box of cake mix and making cookies is one of the best.
After mixing together the cake mix cookie dough, separate the dough into 4 bowls. Add a food coloring to each bowl, For the black color, you will need to add a little bit more so you don’t get a grey color. I learned this while making the Star Wars Galaxy cake.
Take about 1 TSP of each color of dough and form into small balls. The sizes don’t have to perfect equal, it looks better when they are not since Sally’s dress is not at all symmetrical.
Press the smaller balls of dough together to get one bigger ball of dough.
Once they are together, roll the completed dough ball into the sanding sugar. If you do not have sanding sugar, regular sugar is fine. Sanding sugar adds a special crunch and extra glitter to the cookie.
Give the Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cookies a little punch down to flatten them a little, not too much and bake 7-8 minutes. Let them cool and then enjoy! They are super tasty and perfect for a Nightmare Before Christmas movie night or Halloween party!
Looking for more Disney Inspired Halloween Recipes?
- 1 box of White cake mix
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Pink, Yellow, Black and Teal gel food coloring
- 1 container of white sanding sugar
- Preheat oven at 350º F.
- Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until combined.
- Divide the batter into four separate bowls.
- Mix Yellow food coloring into one bowl.
- Mix Pink food coloring into the second bowl.
- Mix Teal food coloring into the third.
- Mix Black food coloring into the fourth bowl.
- Take about 1 TSP of each color of dough and form into tablespoon sized balls.
- Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
- Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!
Amount Per Serving Calories 175