Dream Along with Mickey was a great castle show that had a great 10 year run! I am saddened that it is gone, but Disney keeps moving forward so we get the new Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire. I saw it for the first time a couple days ago and can’t wait to see it again. I think your family will enjoy it as well.
Important Information Due to COVID-19: Certain parks, hotels, restaurants, and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity, and subject to limited availability or closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
6 Reasons You Have to See Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- The costumes. The costumes are very elaborate and pretty. Most of the featured princesses have their regular dresses on, but the Mickey and the Gang has such detailed costumes. Princess Tiana stands out in a flashy, beautiful dress.
- The movies. Though I do deeply miss seeing the classic princesses on the castle stage, I did enjoy seeing Rapunzel and Tiana getting some more spotlight. As long as Walt Disney World still pays homage to the classics, I believe “Keep Moving Forward” is portrayed in this castle show. Plus, they added the Frozen sisters which is a crowd favorite.
- The music. The music is upbeat and danceable. They didn’t just choose the main title title songs from The Princess and the Frog and Tangled. The song selection was an unexpected surprise. Well, other than the Frozen segment. Let it Go was beautifully done though!
- The dancing. I mentioned the music was danceable and the cast of Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire shows some awesome moves! My favorite part is the Tiana Dance scene, so much great talent. You have to see it for yourself!
- The accuracy. Disney always amazes me with their attention to detail, Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire is no exception. So many things that the characters do portray their character perfectly or reflect back on the scene to the movie. I am not going to to give it away, but I laughed out loud at one of Olaf’s lines, because it directly related to his song. I am not sure how people caught on to it though. Sometimes being a Disney nerd, leaves you in a class by yourself.
- Lessons Learned. As with most Disney shows, there are lessons. In Dream Along With Mickey it was all about believing in yourself and your dreams. In Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire it is about acceptance of others and love.
Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire Tips
- Don’t stand in the very front. Little ones and even shorter people will have a hard time seeing the show in the front of the stage area.
- Plan to arrive about 15 minutes early. Check the MDE or grab a times guide as you enter the park for the different show times.
- Please be considerate of others. If you are using an umbrella to shade yourself from the sun, please stand off to the side or put the umbrella away.
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Favorite Grampy’s Travels. I’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and my services are totally FREE! Click Here to Get a no-obligation quote now 🙂