Can you believe Mickey Mouse is 90 years old? He doesn’t look that old! Today I am sharing with you a recipe for Mickey Mouse Inspired Chocolate Bark. This Mickey Mouse Chocolate treat will be perfect for Mickey Mouse themed parties or family movie nights featuring Mickey Mouse cartoons.
Mickey Mouse Inspired Chocolate Bark
This is a really simple recipe that is quick to make. This is a layered bark just like my Peppermint Smore’s Bark.
This recipe can be made two ways. You can use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate like in the recipe card instructions below. Another way is to just use a microwave the chocolate.
For each layer melt the chocolate or candy melts in the microwave in 15-second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
The first layer is the chocolate wafers. Spread on the cookie sheet and then place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Next, melt the white candy melts and spread on top of the chocolate layer. Don’t put in the freezer yet.
Melt the red and yellow candy wafers. Pour the two colors into their own disposable piping bags. Cut the tips of the bags. Pipe thick lines across the white layer and once lines have been added, take a wooden skewer, or butter knife and pull through the candy melt to create a ‘winged’ design on the bark.
Scatter mini Oreos for Mickey’s head and then two M&M around the Oreos to form the ears. Sprinkles the red and yellow M&M’s on other places on the bark.
I hope you enjoy this yummy treat! My family sure did 🙂
- 1 bag of Ghiridelli dark chocolate melting wafers (10 oz.)
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 bag of white candy melts
- 1 bag of mini oreos
- 1/2 C brown M&M's
- wax paper
- 8x8 cookie sheet
- 2 small pots
- disposable piping bag
- Optional: Wooden Skewer
- Using the small pots, pour 3 cups of cold water into one of the pots and place on the stove on high heat
- Once the water starts to boil, place the second pot on top with the chocolate wafers in the pot.
- While the chocolate is melting, tear off a sheet of wax paper and lay it on the cookie sheet.
- Mix the chocolate with a spoon and once it is melted pour the chocolate on the cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While that is in the freezer, wash the pan and let dry.
- Pull out the cookie sheet and set on the counter.
- Take the same pot, dry any water spots, and pour in the white candy melts
- Stir the candy melts when they start to melt and continue stirring until fully melted
- Pour on top of the cooled chocolate and smooth out using a rubber spatula
- In the same pot, add the yellow candy melts and melt, once melted, pour in a bowl.
- Repeat previous step with the red candy melts
- Pour the two colors into their own disposable piping bags.
- Cut the tips of the bags. Pipe thick lines across the white layer and once lines have been added, take a wooden skewer, or butter knife and pull through the candy melt to create a 'winged' design on the bark
- Scatter mini Oreos for Mickey's head and then two M&M for the ears
- Scatter some red and yellow M&M's around the bark
- Put back into the fridge for another 20 minutes before pulling out and breaking into pieces.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 25g
You may also like these adorable Minnie Mouse Oreo treats!