One of the popular pins on Pinterest is hand illusion art. I thought it was pretty neat so I decided I would try it with a Disney Twist. I would use a Mickey Hand!
- First, I drew a Mickey Hand.
- I cut it out and used contact paper to make it last longer. I think I might use that pattern in future projects.
- I traced the pattern onto my drawing pad.
- I drew straight lines around the hand.
- I then drew curved lines inside of the hand. I liked how even without the color Mickey’s Hand kind of pops out at you!
- Lastly, I colored in the lines. I decided to keep with the Mickey theme and use red, black, and yellow.
I think it came out ok. I like the process though. Art is not about being perfect and I loved doing this. It took me about 2 hours and that included making the pattern time. This would be a really great project for kids we well. It would help their hand eye coordination and coloring skills. You could also make then color it just primary colors, or secondary colors.