Disclaimer: I have partnered with McDonald’s of Tampa Bay for this post in exchange for free product. All opinions are my own.
What road trip would be complete without stopping by those Golden Arches? Many of the trips to Disney include a trip to McDonald’s on the way home. Now with the new changes to the menu, I can feel better about stopping to indulge in a little fast food. Please remember, everything is ok in moderation. Here are 5 reasons to fall back in love with McDonald’s.
5 Reasons to Fall Back in Love with McDonald’s
- Better salads. In 2015 McDonald’s changed their premium salad blend by replacing iceberg lettuce with fresh romaine, baby spinach and baby kale, and making further enhancements in June 2016 with the addition of Tuscan red leaf lettuce and ribbon-cut carrot curls. The freshly prepared Premium Salads offer at least 2.5 cups of vegetables. All those vegetables take the salad from a side dish to a main course!
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors in the chicken nuggets. McDonald’s has removed artificial preservatives from several items which also don’t have artificial colors or flavors, including its iconic Chicken McNuggets. The new McNuggets have a fresh crisp taste and still pair nicely with your favorite sauces! Plus, McDonald’s completed a major commitment to only serve chicken not treated with antibiotics important to human medicine nearly a year ahead of schedule.
- No more margarine. I have strayed away from margarine and only use real butter at my home. It is better for you and tastes better too! The Egg McMuffin and all the breakfast sandwiches now come with butter on it instead of margarine.
- Savings at your fingertips. Download the McDonald’s app and you can get coupons and savings specific to your McDonald’s or to the one you are traveling to. You can also manage your McCafe rewards card using the app.
- McDonald’s made a commitment to source 100% cage-free eggs by 2025. According to the Humane Society of the United States, more than 100 companies have since announced their commitments to do the same, showing positive impact across the industry.
You can read more about the above changes and more on the McDonald’s website. Will you be trying the new McNuggets?
You might also like: