Do you have themed movie nights? My husband and I had a Lilo and Stitch Movie date night. During the movie, we snacked on this Hawaiian Party Mix that I put together. I tried to incorporate parts of the movie into the mix. I served it in a Dollar Tree beach bucket to make it a little more festive.
Lilo’s Hawaiian Party Mix
It is a really simple recipe, nothing is baked or heated.
There is usually a printable coupon for Cheerios that will help make this dish pretty frugal. I picked up the tropical Trail mix at Aldi’s so that did not cost more than $5. It was fun to watch Lilo & Stitch and enjoy this snack along with it.
If you are looking for a tasty drink to go with this snack mix, try my POG Juice Mimosa (leave out the champagne for the kids).
Lilo and Stitch Trivia
- After Lilo throws her doll on the ground and then runs back and carries it away, it begins to smile.
- The name Nani means “Beautiful” in Hawaiian.
- Near the beginning of the film, during the trial, Stitch is asked by the council woman to provide some sign that he understands what’s going on. Stitch responds by licking the inside of his glass cage. The saliva trail is in the shape of the famous ‘D’ in the Walt Disney logo.
- Most of the license plates in the film (the fire engine, gas tanker, and Nani’s Beetle – but only at the end, not at “blue punch buggy” – plus one in Lilo’s room) are A113. That is the classroom at CalArts that many of the animators were taught in.
- There are several “hidden Mickeys” in the movie – one can be seen in the Grand Council scene, on Jumba’s platform. Another can be seen as a logo on the shorts of one of Lilo’s photographic subjects on the wall of her room. Another can be seen on one the screens of Gantu’s ship near the end of the film.
- Mulan is featured in this movie when a restaurant with the name “Mulan Wok” can be seen on the boardwalk. There is also a Mulan poster in Nani’s room. (Trivia source: mainly myself and a little imdb)
- Tropical Trail Mix
- Colored Goldfish
- Put all ingredients together and mix gently.