One of my setbacks to eating healthy is I am scared to try new foods. I also have food texture issues. The only mystery ingredient in this soup for me was the leeks. I love parsnips! This soup is easy to make and makes a perfect freezer meal.
- Extra- virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, split lengthwise, rinsed free of dirt, diced
- Sea salt
- 2 medium parsnips, diced
- 3 medium Yukon gold or russet potatoes, unpeeled, diced , do not peel
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- Place oil, onion, and leek in a soup pot over medium heat.
- When the onion begins to sizzle, add a pinch of salt and sauté for 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in parsnips, a pinch of salt and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes and, a pinch of salt and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add milk and water, cover,chicken bullion cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 35 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Pour soup into food processor and blend until smooth. You could also use an immersion blender as well.
- To make this into a freezer meal, pour soup into ice cube trays and flash freeze. Once frozen put cubes in ziploc bag. When you are ready to eat place a few cubes in a bowl and microwave.