Christmas time at Walt Disney World is not to be missed including the holiday fun at Hollywood Studios. Jingle Bell, Jungle Bam! sends Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. The show combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling, one-of-a-kind holiday experience for guests – capped by a special message from Santa himself. Today I am sharing with my Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Review and Tips.
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Review
I have to preface this post with a disclaimer. I was a huge fan of the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights and a special show is not going to completely amaze me as the Osborne Lights did. With that being said, it is a wonderfully well-done show. (Related Post: Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Light- a Sad Farewell)
I saw the show on Thanksgiving previously and live streamed it in the Pixie Dusted Disney Fans Facebook Group. I try to live stream to the group occasionally if I am at the parks. You are welcome to join!
The show is pretty much a 180-degree viewing show that is full of pyrotechnics, screen projections, and great music. I liked the story and that they incorporated the Nightmare Before Christmas into the show. You also experience “Disney Snow” here in warm Florida!
My favorite part was the fireworks as they are circular around the park and really light up the whole area. They are in time with the music and really add to the show.
If you are celebrating Christmas at Disney, this show should be added to your must-dos!
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Holiday Dessert Party
A dessert party themed to the show is offered nightly, one-hour prior to each performance, in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Guests who book the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Holiday Party enjoy holiday snacks, decadent desserts, and specialty beverages. After the desserts, you get reserved seating for both Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! and Disney Movie Magic. This party is an added cost is not something I ever plan on purchasing. You cannot use the Disney Dining Plan to pay for this party. I have heard the desserts are very good and the seating area is great for the show.
*New for 2018* A surprise Disney character will join the fun, posing for pictures and signing autographs.
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Holiday Dessert Party 2018 Dates
November 6, 2018 through January 6, 2019
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Holiday Dessert Party 2018 Pricing
- November 6 to December 22, 2018: $79 per adult; $45 per child ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included)
- December 23, 2018 to January 1, 2019: $89 per adult; $49 per child ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included)
- January 2, 2019 to January 6, 2019: $79 per adult; $45 per child ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included)
Book online or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Tips
- Start looking for a spot to watch the show about a half an hour before the show starts. We got out of our dinner 15 minutes before and a lot of great areas to view the show from were gone.
- Many Cast Members are walking around selling Christmas Light necklaces. Save money by buying a Christmas Light Necklace from Amazon. They are basically the same, as the ones at Disney do not have anything on them that make them “Disney”.
- Try to get a view where the Chinese theater is not blocked by trees or stage set up.
- Do not be too close to the theater as the show is not just on the theater.
- After the show, wait 10-15 minutes before trying to leave the park. It makes it less crowded as everyone is trying to leave at the same time.
Have you seen Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam? What did you think about the show? Let me know in the comments!