The easiest and tastiest Korean BBQ beef recipe you will ever make in the Instant Pot! 10 minutes to prep and budget-friendly too. The beef comes out amazingly flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth tender!
Tips to Make the Best Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef
I was a little late to the Instant Pot game but my husband got a free mini one from his work so I dived right into it. I learned everything I could about the magical pot everyone talked about and now it is used 3-5 times a week. We added a 6-quart pot so sometimes I have two going at once. Here are some tips to help make the best Korean BBQ Beef your family has ever had.
Preheat the Oil. Make sure to preheat the oil before you saute the meat. Pick up the insert and swirl the oil around a little bit to coat the bottom.
Sauce too Thin? Mix together 1 TBL or Corn Starch and 2 TBL Water and add to the pot after cook time to finish. Make sure the pot is set to sauté. It will just take a couple of minutes.
Adjust the Heat. Want it a little bit spicier? Increase red pepper flakes to 1/2 teaspoon and/or add a teaspoon of sriracha sauce.
Budget Friendly Swaps
I get so disappointed when I find a recipe online and want to make some swaps and the recipe doesn’t let you know if they work. These are some swaps you can use for this recipe.
- Hokkien Noodles. Usually, these noodles are easy to find but I have swapped regular spaghetti noodles and it was still tasty. The texture is a little bit different of course, but it doesn’t mess with the flavors.
- Frozen Veggies. Don’t have fresh, use frozen. It may add a little bit more liquid, if that happens then just thicken the sauce with the cornstarch method mentioned above.
Though you can use vegetable oil instead of sesame oil, I don’t recommend it. The sesame oil adds so much flavor to the dish.
You Might Also Enjoy my Easy Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 Red peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped small
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 green onion
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package of Hokkien Noodles
- Set your Instant Pot® to the sauté setting.
- Season the stew meat with salt and pepper.
- When the Instant pot is hot, add the sesame oil and beef.
- Saute for about 3-4 minutes or until the meat is browned on all sides.
- Add the onions and peppers, continue to saute for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, snow peas, beef broth, garlic, honey, coconut aminos, ginger, and red pepper flakes to the Instant pot.
- Place on the lid, lock it and set it to sealing not venting.
- Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set time for 35 minutes.
- Prepare your noodles as directed on the package.
- After the 35 minutes is up, let it naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Open the instant pot and add your cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- Top with green onions before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.