Publix is the best grocery store for couponing! They have a coupon friendly coupon policy and most of the cashiers know the policy and sometimes even suggest more ways for you save. I have made friends with several of the cashiers at my local Publix.
Here are the key points of the Publix Coupon Policy:
- Publix accepts manufacturers’ coupons (one per item). Printables are included.
- Publix accepts competitor coupons from nearby competitors. Stop by your local Publix and grab their copy of their coupon policy and that store’s competitors will be listed. This does not include drug store coupons, percent off coupons, or percent off total order coupons.
- Manager approval is needed for coupons over $5 in value.
- Publix does limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day, per household.
- During a BOGO sale each item in the sale is considered a separate sale, 2 coupons can be used.
- Example: Armour Pepperoni (BOGO Sale) Original Price $2.99 $1.50 each with BOGO
- Publix allows coupon stacking- so the deal above gets better if there is a Publix or competitor coupon available as well.
Publix Coupon Sources:
- Publix Grocery Advantage (formerly the Yellow Adantage)- located near the entrance
- Publix Green Advantage- located near the entrance
- Publix Stocking Spree Coupon Booklet. These are sent out a few times a year. Sign up here to get put on the mailing list for the next one.
- Publix Baby Club– you will get sent coupons in the mail
- Coupon Booklets- just ask the customer service desk for available coupon books.
- Publix Paws Pet Coupons
- Publix Digital Coupons– it goes by your phone number. You enter your phone number at the keypad and any discounts are taken off automatically. The coupons are manufacturer and only get used once. So for a BOGO situation you would use one (1) e-coupon and one (1) paper coupon.
- Upromise– You need to go to the customer service desk and get a card.
- Publix participates in the Ibotta Rebate mobile program.
- Many times in the Sunday paper there is a Publix coupon. Usually a $/$$ total order coupon or a $2/$2 purchase of the particular department such as freezer, deli, produce, or meat.
- You can also use the Checkout 51 rebate app!
- Use the Favado App to quickly check the sales for the week including printing out your coupons!
Other Helpful Publix Tips:
- If you are looking to get a large quantity of something, please call ahead and ask to special order it. Publix is more than happy to help you, even with the 8 coupon limit. It leaves the shelves full and ensures Publix will keep on being coupon friendly.
- Publix issues rainchecks for items and WILL honor expired coupons on those items. Just have the cashier write coupons on the raincheck.
Photo Credit: Flickr CC (text added)