One of the best things about Halloween at Disney time is some of the yummy, special treats that Disney comes out with. One of my favorites is the cinnamon rolls. Here are my Halloween Mickey Mouse Cinnamon rolls inspired by the ones sold at the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom.
Halloween Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Rolls Inspiration
Available every day at the Main Street Bakery you can find the classic Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll topped with orange icing and chocolate spider web. Once you are done baking these, close your eyes smell the aroma and imagine yourself walking down Main Street USA near the bakery.
What Do You Need to Make These Copycat Mickey Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe doesn’t require making homemade cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon rolls found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, The very best are, of course, Pilsbury. You will need to purchase a total of 3 containers, 2 of the original and one of Grands.
If you are wanting to make the cinnamon rolls look more like the parks, you should also buy food coloring (red and yellow) and melting chocolate to make the spider web.
Copycat Mickey Cinnamon Rolls Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take 2 original size cinnamon rolls and pinch them onto the Grands cinnamon roll. These two cinnamon rolls will be Mickey’s ears so place them accordingly.
3. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown.
4. If you are wanting to replicate the park’s version, add a drop of red and yellow food coloring to the included frosting.
5. Frost your Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Roll.
- Parks Version: use a spoon to drizzle on the orange frosting. For this method, I would wait a few minutes for the rolls to cool so the drizzle design stays.
- Melt some melting chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Once melted create a spider web in the center.
6. Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles
7. Serve & enjoy!
Baking Tips and Ideas:
Many Them Shiny: The cinnamon rolls in the park have a nice sheen to them. To create that look brush warm cinnamon rolls with 2 parts water to one part corn syrup mixture to give them a sheen and hold in moisture for increased shelf-life
Cinnamon Roll Doneness Test: Cinnamon Rolls are fully baked when center coil springs back when lightly touched.
Give Them a Flavor Twist: Pilsbury has a limited-edition Pumpkin Spice Flavor with pumpkin spice icing.
Have the Kids Help. Have these cinnamon rolls be part of a family movie night and make them together as a family and then settle down to a Disney Halloween movie.
What to Do with Leftovers: Leftover cinnamon rolls can be cut up and layered with yogurt and fresh fruit in decorative glasses to create tasty parfaits.
- 2 Original Size Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Grande Size Cinnamon Roll
- Icing (included in the cinnamon roll package)
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Take 2 original size cinnamon rolls and pinch them onto the grande cinnamon roll. These two cinnamon rolls will be Mickey’s ears so place them accordingly.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes on 400 or until golden brown.
- Frost your Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Roll.
- Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles
- Serve & enjoy!