I try to go to Disney 2-3 times a month. I live about two hours away and sometimes like to stay overnight. I do like staying on property when going to Disney for an extended period or for special occasions, but for nights that I just need a place to sleep or I will cause a traffic accident Hotwire is perfect.
- With Hotwire I can pick my price point. If I want to spend $50 or $500 I have options.
- You can see approval ratings. I choose places with a 75% or more approval rating. I figure you can’t please everyone 3 out of 4 people can’t be wrong. I haven’t been disappointed in my choices yet.
- Once you find a hotel you like, it is pretty easy to get that same room again using hints. For instance, my favorite place is in the Celebration, FL area, has a 75% approval rating, free parking, and a $5.09 resort fee per day. I am sure there is a slight chance you could book a wrong place- but using previous searches has not steered me wrong yet.
- It gives you chance to check out other hotels without paying too much. Orlando has some pretty great hotels and I would have never been able to stay at them without Hotwire. A couple years ago I stayed at the Rosen Plaza for just $50 a night ($16/day parking not included). I have also stayed in a beautiful Sheraton for about $60 a night. Some of the places I would recommend even without the discount if someone wanted a nice play to stay.
- Saving on my place to stay gives me more money for Disney souvenirs. Hotwire also sends out coupon codes quite often to help you save even more!
- Please be aware that once you purchase you can not get a refund unless you also purchased travel insurance through them.
- I always call the hotel to make sure the reservation is ok and pick my bed type if I can.
- It is best to “shop” over a week period or so. Prices change often and sometimes are lower the next day.