Disclaimer: I received complimentary admission to Alice Through the Looking Glass to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.
I loved the first live action Alice in Wonderland movie that Disney put out. I was excited to see Alice Through the Looking Glass because I adored the characters and the story so much. Alice Through the Looking Glass is a great heartfelt movie that makes a perfect family movie night. I want to share with you lessons from Alice Through the Looking Glass that whole family can benefit from.
Lessons from Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Believe in your friends. The Hatter is feeling dark and sad. The people of Underland are hoping Alice can help the Hatter out of his dark and crazy mood he has been in. Alice goes and sees him and The Hatter feels so excited and you can tell he is starting to feel better because he feels like she will believe him. Unfortunately, Alice doesn’t.
- You cannot change the past, but you can learn from it. Alice Through the Looking Glass is a sequel/prequel movie. It takes place after Alice’s adventures as captain on her ship, but Alice goes back in time to make things better for the Hatter. Her intention is to change the past. Peeking into someone else’s past or your own can glean so much wisdom and understanding. What I absolutely loved about going in the past in this movie was that it answered so many questions about why characters are the way they are. I have to say that Alice Through the Looking Glass gave me a HUGE heart for the Hatter.
- It is always best to tell the truth. Mirana, the White Queen, learns this lesson. A lie can hurt those around you. The lie Mirana told hurt someone she loved dearly.
- An apology heals wounded relationships and hard hearts.Sometimes a simple sorry is all that is needed to make things better. A sorry healed an important family relationship in Alice through the Looking Glass.
- Family is very important. So many relationships are touched on in this movie. Father/Son, Mother/Daughter, and Sibling relationships are the focus of this movie. Standing behind your family and believing in them is so important. I also learned that family needs to hear that you love them and are behind them whatever their dreams may be.
I do hope that you make it to the theater to see Alice through the Looking Glass. If you are looking for family movie night to be budget friendly, you can skip the 3d experience. The CGI and the effects were great, but not needed for a great movie experience.
Have you seen P!NK’s new song for the movie, Just Like Fire? She is one of my favorite music artists because she puts so much truth and feeling into her songs.
I give Alice Through the Looking Glass 5/5 stars. How you seen Alice Through the Looking Glass, what did you like about the movie?