This Easy Crockpot Mexican Chicken has all the qualities of a meal that I love: inexpensive ingredients, little prep work, and great flavors!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
One of my Goals this year is to save money by eating out less. When I have a meal all ready for me at the end of the day with very little prep then I don’t feel the need or want to eat out.
If you are looking for a great Crockpot, I use the Original Crockpot brand and just think it cooks better than any other brand slow cooker.
For the salsa, I used my homemade roasted salsa roja.
[su_box title=”Related Post” style=”soft” box_color=”#005530″ radius=”0″]25+ Budget Friendly Chicken Meals for When Money is Tight[/su_box]
- 2 LBS. Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pint Jar of Salsa
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed
- 1 sm. bag Frozen Corn
- Sour Cream, for topping
- Shredded Cheddar, for topping
- Place the chicken at the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a bowl combine the salsa, taco seasoning, corn, and black beans.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours.
- Once done, take a fork and shred chicken (this will be very easy).
- Prepare rice according to package directions and serve with chicken mixture on top.
- Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream.