I gave my husband bananas in his lunch for a few days, but we are both pretty picky about the ripeness of our bananas and I had 3 leftover bananas that were too ripe for our taste! Time for my easy chocolate chip banana muffins!!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Last week I took advantage of one of the fresh offers on Checkout 51 and got some bananas. With Checkout 51 I was able to get a 30¢ rebate. I got my bananas at Winn-Dixie and some great deals on meat. I also had a $2/$8 Publix Meat purchase coupon and a $5/$25 meat or produce coupon from Target. My Winn-Dixie took both coupons so I scored some great deals!
These muffins are super easy to make and take very little time. I love making these because it just requires simple pantry ingredients plus milk, butter, and an egg.
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees
- Mash bananas.
- Add sugar and slightly beaten add and mix well.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients. Stir until blended.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop muffin mixture into baking cups until 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.