This year I am celebrating my 10th anniversary with my husband. Though I had a Cinderella themed wedding and our first dance was to A Whole New World, my love life has transformed into an Up love story. The love story in up gets me crying every time and is so true for me and my husband. He is my adventure, everyday is a gift. To celebrate we are having a romantic dinner at Disney. To share with my husband how I now view our love story I am making him a pair of DIY Up Inspired Wine Glasses. They are not perfect, but they are made with love.
DIY Up Inspired Wine Glasses
- Wine Glasses (Got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Paint Pens that paint on glass
- Up template. I found a coloring page online and shrunk it down to the desired size.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Wash glasses and then wipe down with rubbing alcohol. Try not to touch the areas you are painting once wiped down with alcohol.
- Tape template into the middle of the glass to trace with the painting pens.
- Paint design onto the glass. I discovered the lighter colors are harder to work with.
- Now it is time to bake the design on.
- Place the glass in the cold oven. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
Bake for 30 minutes. Add the preheat time on to the bake time. Allow the glass to cool completely before removing from the oven. If you choose not to bake your glass, the paint will cure within 21 days of air drying.
- Care: Hand wash only and do not soak. Handle with care as the design could scratch.
Confession: I am SUPER klutzy when it comes to wine glasses. These ones with just be for looks and placed into my curio cabinet. When my husband and I travel we take along a set of plastic wine glasses. I am going to also be making a set of those but with the Grape Soda button.
More Romantic Up Inspired Items: