Accessories take your Disneybound to the next level! If you have bought Disney’s Tea Cup skirt or made your own like did, then this DIY Tea Cup Fascinator is just what you need! My friends and I had a fun time at the Magic Kingdom this past weekend Disney Bounding as our favorite attractions. Over a year ago I made my skirt and decided to make a cute little fascinator to bring my outfit up a notch.
DIY Tea Cup Fascinator
Other than It’s a Small World, the Mad Tea Party screams Disney World to me. Honoring The Mad Tea Party by doing a Disneybound as a teacup sounded like a great idea. I like to say that Disney copied my skirt since I came up with mine first, lol. Here is how I made the fascinator.
- Empty applesauce cup
- poster board
- paint (2 different pastel colors that used on the ride)
- Glue Gun/ Glue Sticks
1. Prep applesauce container by wiping with rubbing alcohol and allowing it to dry. This helps get any oils off the container so the paint can attach. Cut a saucer size circle for the teacup to rest on. Paint the teacup and the saucer base the color of your choice. Mine was yellow.
2. Paint some designs on the cup with the coordinating paint color.
3. To make the handle I cut a small 1/2 inch strip of poster board and curled the end. I set it in place with a glue gun. Then I glued that to the top of the outside of the cup. I then glued the bottom of the handle to the bottom of the cup and painted it to match the cup.
4. To finish I glued the cup to the saucer and added some lace to edges to give it more of a fascinator look rather than just a cup on a saucer. I then glued the saucer to a pink headband that I got at the Dollar Tree. You can also attach to a barrette.
My friends and I had a great time Disneybounding as our favorite attractions from the Magic Kingdom. I got to the Magic Kingdom a bit early to get a picture and was super surprised when the Tweedles came out! They loved my skirt and fascinator and made me spin like a teacup. The character interactions while Disneybounding makes bounding even better. Such precious memories were made!