Have you seen the Mickey Mouse shaped Rice Krispie treats at Walt Disney World? They are huge and are an iconic snack to get while at the park. I enjoy making a homemade version at home. Disney Rice Krispie Treats are a great treat to make together with the kids. These treats are tasty and remind you of all the happy memories at Disney World.
Disney Rice Krispie Treats
I used regular sprinkles but I found super-cute Mickey Sprinkles on Amazon.
Tips for Getting The Perfect Rice Krispie Treat
- Have all your ingredients measured out and ready. Some of the steps need to be done quickly.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended because of the water content compared to butter.
- I discovered that spraying the cookie cutters really helps with the treats not sticking to the cutter. Make sure to also spray the pan where you spread the Krispie mixture to cut your Mickeys from.
Can You Freeze Disney Rice Krispie Treats?
Yes, you can freeze them! To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Chocolate Candy Melts
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Using a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter, cut into shapes.
5. Melt chocolate in the microwave. Start with a 30 second time and then add time in 15-second increments.
6. Dip top of Mickey Rice Krispie Treat in chocolate. Lay on a pan with wax paper or parchment paper and add sprinkles.
7. Best served on day 1.
I hope you and your family enjoy these Disney Rice Krispie Treats as much as my family did! If you are missing other Walt Disney World Snacks subscribe to Walt Life Parks Snacks Subscription box, they send you a fun-filled snack box every month!
You May Also Enjoy: