Disney takes up a large part of the Orlando/Kissimmee area but it is not the only thing that is fun to do. I have only done a handful of experiences in Orlando and want to experience a whole lot more. International drive is filled with unique, beautiful hotels and attractions.
Here is my Orlando Bucket List:
- Confession Time: I have never been to Universal, so I would like to go there eventually.
- Find some amazing thrift stores and discover some Disney treasures for less.
- Visit Gatorland – The Alligator Capital of the World!
- Visit Chocolate Kingdom- Interactive Factory Adventure Tour
- Do the Capone’s Dinner & Show
- Explore Dinosaur World
- Explore the Safari Wilderness Ranch
- Visit the Bok Tower Gardens
- Do the Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- The Holy Land Experience
- Titanic- The Experience
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando Odditorium-Explored the oddities on August 3, 2016.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards
- CSI Exhibit
- Wycliffe Discovery Center at Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- Stay overnight at Gaylord Palms- If you haven’t experienced ICE! it is definitely worth your money to go see it!
- Attend a blogging conference at the Orlando Convention Center
- Attend some of the great Christmas events at the Rosen
Explore Downtown Celebration during Christmas– Experienced this gem December 2015. They make it “snow” in the downtown area. They have lights everywhere and carriage rides. Quite fun!
- Explore some of the Outlet Malls- Every time I have gone it has been during high visitor season so I really haven’t had the chance to explore them much.
- Visit the Kennedy Space Center
- Watch the Sunrise on Cocoa Beach, then watch the Sunset on Indian Rocks Beach (my Gulf Coast beach of choice) on the same day. Clearwater would be ok too.
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival
- Enjoy a divine cupcake at Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly bakery, created by owner Hollis Wilder, a two-time winner of The Food Network’s Cupcake Wars.
- Visit the Train Land International Trolley & Train Museum, with one of the nation’s largest indoor tracks.
- Dine at the Pirate’s Dinner Adventure
- Check out Wekiwa Springs State Park. I love checking out different parks.
- Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in historic Winter Park. They have the biggest collection of Tiffany glass.
- Enjoy a spa day at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Spa (Florida-fresh citrus-based treatments are a specialty).
- Window shop at the Mall of Millenia.
- Dine at the Ravenous Pig
- Go to Lake Eola Park
So, what are some things you want to do outside of Walt Disney World Resort?
Photo Credit: Flickr CC Greg Morgan (text added)