When it comes to planning your next trip to Disney, saving money is a huge asset. I wanted to take some time to talk to you about Disney Gift Cards and how you can save on them and make your visit even better. Plus, even if you are not planning a vacation, you can use the gift cards to buy other items and Disney gear and collectibles.
What Can I Buy With Disney Gift Cards?
Disney Gift Cards can be used for the purchase of Disney Park Tickets, Disney Resorts, Disney Restaurants, and Disney Gift Shops. In addition to buying goods for the vacation and while you are on vacation, you can also use gift cards to buy items ShopDisney.com.
Additionally, you can use the Disney Cards at the following places:
- Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Aulani and Disney’s Beach Resorts
- Disney Cruise Line
- Adventures By Disney
- Disney Stores
Do Travel Agents Take Disney Gift Cards?
Yes, they do! Using a Disney Travel agent is a great way to save you money on your Disney vacation as they search out the best deals. Favorite Grampy Travel accepts Disney gift cards for payment.
What’s The Advantage Of Using A Disney Gift Card?
Essentially, Disney gift cards are the same as using cash, but you are only able to spend the money on certain Disney related items. You may be wondering why this is a good idea. Well, if you look in the right places, you can buy Disney gift cards at a discount and will be able to save some money. This is the main advantage of using gift cards versus just paying for everything out of pocket.
Another advantage is if you couple the savings from the gift cards with other discounts, you can take Disney vacation while saving even more money. It can be expensive to travel, so you might as well stretch every dollar you have and make the most of it.
Other than the discounts with buying Disney Gift Cards, the gift cards help keep me within my Disney Vacation budget. If I only have $200 Disney gift cards to spend on souvenirs then I can’t go over. A lot of guests use Disney gift cards to give their children spending money as it is easy to track.
Where Do I Get Discounted Disney Gift Cards?
Many places sell Disney Gift Cards at a discounted rate. You can buy them at places like Sam’s Club or Target and get them for cheaper.
- Sam’s Club. You can buy $150 in Disney gift cards for $144! These rates do change, but that is a great saving when you consider how much you will be spending on your trip. It can add up fast! You can make this even more profitable by joining Dosh. Sometimes they offer an additional 5% in rebates!
- BJ’s Wholesale. The Disney Gift Card Discount ranges from 4%-8%. Make the savings even more with Rakuten (formerly Ebates). Rakuten gives you an additional 1.5% back.
- Target. You can get 5% off Disney Gift cards with a Target Redcard. While a Redcard can be a credit card, there is a debit only option that I have. With Rakuten, you would get an additional 1% in rebates.
- Raise.com sells discount Disney gift cards. Buying gift cards from Raise comes with a little risk as these are previously purchased gift cards that people are selling.
- At a Grocery Store that Offers Fuel Rewards/Fuel Points. Buy your Disney Gift Cards at a Von’s, Albertson’s, Winn-Dixie, or Harvey’s, or a Kroger store. Make sure to sign-up for their rewards program before you buy. If you spend a certain amount on gift cards you get money off your fuel purchase. The savings add up!
How To Manage Gift Cards
As you begin buying Disney gift cards, you may start wondering how you are going to keep track of so many! Don’t worry, there is an easy fix for this, and you will be so glad you don’t have to carry around 25 separate gift cards. (Okay, maybe not 25 cards, but you get my drift!)
Anyway, you will need to visit Disneygiftcard.com. Not only can you buy additional gift cards there, but you can also manage them too. First, check the balance on your cards. Then you can manage the cards and transfer money from one card to another. This will make it much easier for you to keep track of and save you some stress later.
You can have up to $1000 per gift card, and the best part is that the money doesn’t expire. So you have to don’t worry if you don’t get them used up right away because the money is yours until you use them. No one likes to waste their hard-earned money on things that expire, so this is a great benefit.
One thing to keep in mind is that when you are transferring cards, you can transfer a partial amount. So if you have a card that has $150 value, but you already spend some of it, you won’t be able to transfer the leftover amount. You can, however, transfer money to that card as long as the balance won’t be more than $1000.
Is there a Down Side of Using Disney Gift Cards?
Yes. If you need to cancel your Disney vacation and get a refund, the amount you paid with gift cards is returned to the gift cards you used. It is impossible to return a used gift card. If you needed the physical money you are out of luck. If you don’t need the funds for something else or can just postpone the vacation then the gift card balance is still helpful.
Do you use Disney Gift Cards? Where else do you find discounted Disney gift cards?
You May Also Like:
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Favorite Grampy’s Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE! Click Here to Get a no-obligation quote now 🙂