I don’t have much money laying around, but I want to get healthy. I used to think going to a gym was the only way to exercise. I got myself a gym membership. I had an inexpensive one from the YMCA because my family qualified for a scholarship. It was nice and watching the other people around me encouraged me some. Until I would see a skinny, perfect person exercising and realized I have so much ground to cover. After a year of that I decided I could work out at home (saved me $35 a month). Here are some of the things I have at home to workout with. I didn’t spend more than $100 for my home gym, which I can enjoy anytime I want.
- Gaiam Total Body Balance Ball Kit– This costs about $20 on Amazon, but I got mine at Ross for about $15
- LRF – SUPER THICK 68″ x 24″ Yoga Mat Pad Non-Slip Durable (EVA – 6mm) – This is actually on sale right now for just $6.50, I think I bought mine for about $10 at Walmart
- Bands for Exercise (Light, Medium, Heavy) These are on sale right now for $19.99. I am not sure how much mine were since mine were a gift to me. I love these bands, sometimes they are harder to use than free weights.
- Valeo Deluxe Speed Rope– This is on sale for $7.63 right now, I think I paid about $10 for my rope at Walmart
- Sparring Equipment– My husband and I love sparring with each other, though I get more of a workout from it because he is stronger and has to take it easy when it is his turn. We found our set at Play it again, but still paid full price since we still had to get a new set.
- Tone Fitness Aerobic Stepper– I got our stepper for $3 at a yard sale.
- Some weights- I have 2 pairs of dumbbells that I got a play it again sports. They are only 5 and 8 lbs.
All of the above items with some great workout DVD’s gave me as much if not more exercise than the gym. What items