I started thinking of all the wonderful desserts I could make with cookie butter. I was going to make Muddy Buddies (aka as Puppy Chow) and then realized I could swap out the peanut butter for cookie butter. Oh my!!! It is absolutely delicious!!
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
This is a fun recipe that kids can help with too. I did not make mine in the microwave. I used a pot and a stove top. Took less than five minutes to make. To make on the stovetop complete step 2 in a medium pot on low heat.
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex, or Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Cookie Butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- If the mixture is a little thick, add a little more butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Have you tried cookie butter yet? Do you love it?