Who is excited for the release of Marvel’s Avenger’s Infinity War? I know I am! I have been getting ready by watching all the Marvel movies since 2008 in order according to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You got to love the Black Widow’s character. She is an unassuming quiet woman then kicks some major butt in the blink of an eye! I wanted to share with you how to make Black Widow Inspired treats for your next Marvel family movie night or superhero party!
Black Widow Inspired Treats
These treat are super easy to make and are something you can have the kids help with.
You will need the following kitchen items:
- cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- piping bag fitted with a Number 2 Tip
After making the frosting recipe below simply make the Black Widow logo design on the Ding Dong.
[su_box title=”Related Post” style=”soft” box_color=”#005530″ radius=”0″]Black Panther Movie Review & 4 Social Issues it Deals With[/su_box]
Make an outline of the logo. It is an hourglass shape. It helps to have a steady hand and keep close to the Ding Dong while you are decorating. I have been practicing my piping technique and it takes practice. These are simple in design and make great practice for more difficult projects you might want to tackle later on.
Fill in the logo with the icing.
For a finished look, pipe a thin line along the edge of the Ding Dong.
Store in a covered container for about 10 days.
[su_box title=”Related Post” style=”soft” box_color=”#005530″ radius=”0″]Banana Po’e |Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Themed Dessert[/su_box]
- 1 box of chocolate ding dongs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- Unwrap the chocolate Ding Dong from the wrapper and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes.
- Mix in the red food dye and combine until completely red. Add in a few more drops of red food dye if the color isn't a dark red.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pipe the outer line of the hourglass shape for Black Widow's logo.
- Fill in with the red icing.
- Outline the outer edge of the ding dong with the red icing.
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying.