This week I am headed to Tuckaway Shores resort on the east coast of Florida. I am so excited! My husband and I have been needing a romantic getaway, it is going to be amazing! Our room will open up directly to the beach. I go to the beach quite often, Indian Rocks Beach is my beach of choice on Florida’s Gulf Coast. One thing my husband likes is that I am always prepared with a beach bag full of the essentials. I am sharing my beach day packing list with you and have included a FREE printable as well!
Beach Day Packing List
- Cash for parking. Sometimes parking is cash only and I want to be prepared. This usually stays in the car, because I am pretty frugal on a beach day and don’t spend much on souvenirs or food.
- Beach Bag. I grab any available beach bag I have, I am not one to care about the look of my bag. If it fits what I need I am good. If you don’t have one, check your local thrift store.
- Coupon Book. Get the latest Entertainment Book for the Beach City you are going to and you will have all the best coupons at your fingertips. You can also pick up brochures at the Welcome Center of the city you are visiting, they usually have coupons in them as well.
- Sunblock. I love Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Drytouch Sunscreen for my face and a 70+ lotion for the rest of me.
- Hat. Wide brimmed hat to keep out the sun.
- Sandals/Flip Flops/Water Shoes. After being stung by a sting ray a few years ago, I do not go into bodies of water without water shoes.
- Brush/Comb/Hair ties.
- Beach reading. I mainly swim, but every once in awhile I like just laying and hearing the waves while reading a great book.
- Aloe Vera. Just in case sunburn does happen.
- Rubbing Alcohol. I am very prone to getting swimmer’s ear so if my day has too much swimming in it, I drop a few drops of rubbing alcohol in my ear. the rubbing alcohol dries up any water that is in your ear plus, prevents any infection.
- Sunglasses. Need to protect my eyes.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Mini First Aid Kit. The frugal, small first aid kit on Amazon has everything you may need. I also add pain reliever to mine.
- Camera, extra battery, and tripod. My goal is to take some amazing sunrise pictures!
- Beach Towels. My Disneyside comes out with beach towels. I am a sucker for a princess or Mickey Beach towels.
- Change of clothes.
- Cooler with drinks. I buy a bag of ice and fill my cooler up with water bottles, sport drinks, and a bottle of wine (please be aware some beaches do not allow glass containers).
- Snack foods. I bring my own so I won’t be tempted to buy overpriced snacks at the beach.
- Ziploc bags. To keep sand and water from electronics and valuables.
Grab your free printable packing list!