In the spring and summer, I love cooking outside. Grilling is one of my favorite things in the world! I always have a hard time finding sides though that I like since I am not a fan of most cold salads. This potato salad is one of my favorites. I make it early in the morning before the heat of the day and chill it so it is ready to make a great side to whatever meat I am grilling.
This recipe is super simple and very frugal!
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 LBS Red Potatoes, cooked and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bottle Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 LB Bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl combine the other ingredients. It will be pretty thick.
- Drain potatoes and add to the mixture. Toss together gently. Sometimes I add a gentle mash, depends on my mood.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, it is my go-to for picnics and barbecues!
Looking for more frugal recipes?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.