If you are like most people you want to one day go on a cruise! Where to go is a question everyone asks themselves. I personally like the Bahamas. The weather is warm, the air is fresh and crisp and you can leave from sunny Florida.
When you cruise from Florida to the Bahamas, you get the opportunity to see the Atlantic Ocean while visiting several ports of call. All of Florida’s ports offer trips to the Bahamas from several cruise lines, allowing you to select a cruise that meets your family’s needs and travel time frame.
It is important to remember some important steps before selecting a cruise date. For instance:
1. Choose the best time of year. Fall is usually the time when there are cheaper rates, however, the weather may not cooperate. If you book for another time of year, you may pay higher prices and the ships may be crowded.
2. Select a cruise line and port that is convenient for you. Choose a cruise line that offers the on-board amenities and cruise itinerary that you prefer.
3. Schedule excursions for your time in the Bahamas.
4. Secure travel arrangements to the port. Select a travel package that has that included, or can provide that for a minimal cost.
5. Prepare for your trip. Include everything you need for dinner, dining, and dancing. And don’t forget your Swimsuit!!
Weather can always be a factor. Summer is, of course, the warmest time, however, late spring and fall are also good for swimming. Speaking of swimming, swimming with the dolphins is an experience I will never forget. It was the most fascinating part of my trip. I would go to back just so I could do it again.