If you are looking for a great resort when going to Disney World and can’t quite afford a Disney room, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort is a great alternative! I ended up staying here Easter weekend, when the Disney resorts are priced high. I couldn’t afford a Disney Value resort, with Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort I paid a Disney Value price (during off-peak season)and got a Disney moderate value. Here are the reasons I think you should choose this resort for yourself!
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
- Location. Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort is directly across the street from Disney Springs and they are considered an Official Walt Disney World Resort. I had a tower room with a Lake view and I loved looking out my window. The night view was awesome as well, I could even see the Orlando Eye all lit up! Also from my room I could see a hidden Mickey in the landscaping, what a great Disney touch!
- Character Interaction Breakfast. I did not have this breakfast, but it is about $20 cheaper than Chef Mickey’s or Tusker House. According to the website, “The Kids Eat Free Package at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, includes overnight room accommodations for up to four people and you can save $30 per breakfast on the wonderful breakfast buffet in our restaurant with this package. You receive a free daily breakfast buffet for two children (age 11 and under) with the purchase of one paying adult. This includes the Disney Character Breakfast at the resort on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays”.
- Valet Parking. This resort does charge $8/day for parking, but valet parking is included. At first my husband didn’t want to use it, but switched by the end of the first day. It is so nice after a long day at the parks, just to go directly to our room.
- Excellent Customer Service. I booked my room through a 3rd party website called Tickets at Work. This was my second time booking through them. The first time we got charged by both the hotel and Tickets at Work. I gave them a second chance and it was a mess. It took 2 hours on the phone with Tickets at Work and the resort. We finally got it resolved though. Once we got to the resort, they put us in the wrong room preference and they were super quick to change it for us. Because of all the hassle, the resort said we did not have to pay the resort fees.
- The 3 Pools. The resort has 3 pools. One heated pool with a fun kid’s playground, one unheated pool, and a hot tub. The heated pool also had a fun waterfall in the center that I loved going under. There is a bench behind the water so you can sit behind the falls. I thought that was pretty cool. Sadly, I didn’t get any pictures of this area because we were running late during checkout.
- The Price. I did book this room through a third party site, but researched and found that the price is pretty decent. There is a resort fee, but due to the troubles we encountered through the 3rd party site, we did not have to pay them.
- The Rooms. Make sure to book and request a Tower room. The rooms are a bit nicer, though the other rooms aren’t bad. The other rooms are more hotel style with the doors opening up outside. The rooms are so pretty! I loved that there was a full comforter on the bed. It had a cover that could easily be taken off for washing so it was sanitary. The rooms have a lot of USB ports so you can plug your electronics in as well.
Have you ever stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort? Let me know about your experience in the comments!