My husband came down sick Thursday. Saturday morning we went to the ER because he was experiencing chest pains. The ER doctor told us he probably had bronchitis and sent us home with antibiotics.
Now I am someone pretty much against antibiotics when you get sick, unless it is serious. Doctors over prescribe antibiotics and then combined with most people’s failure to complete them; antibiotics are becoming weaker and weaker. I tend to get bronchitis once a year and do a more natural approach. Here is what I do when I get bronchitis:
- Drink plenty of fluids including: water with electrolytes, peppermint tea with honey, and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar with warm water. I try to not drink much juice because of my DH’s diabetes and my insulin resistance.
- Get in a small room with a Humidifier .
- For fever I am either sweat it out or ice it out. I either wrap myself in tons of blankets and sweat like crazy or take a cold bath with some ice thrown in. Remember sweating is a way to get rid of toxins.
- I sleep a lot. My body needs to fight whatever is in there and to rest gives your body its’ best.
- I take vitamin C, olive leaf extract (a natural antibiotic), Echinacea. I also use a netti pot if I feel it is necessary. It helps irrigate your nasal passages.
I believe this is what helps my bronchitis go away so quickly. Before I started my regime of the above habits, bronchitis would last 2-3 weeks under a doctor’s care.
Disclaimer: Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for medical care. Information on this blog is general as it can not address each individual’s situation and needs. This blog contains general information which may or may not apply to individuals. This blog can not and does not address each individual’s situation and needs.