Sometimes you just need to get away with the girls. No husbands or kids allowed. Who wouldn’t love a girls day at the spa or a fun dinner out? My problem is I can’t always afford that. It is a good thing I have friends that understand that. Here are some fun things to do with your friends that don’t break the bank.
- Go thrift store shopping instead of the mall. Check out my best thrift store shopping tips! You can have fun making the craziest outfits or pick out each other’s outfits.
- Pick a book to read and get together with some snacks and talk about the book. It doesn’t have to be an expensive or long book either. Everyday there are several books available on Amazon for free.
- Have a at-home spa day. Check out the tips on having a frugal spa day at home and 25 Amazing DIY spa treatments.
- Go on a yard sale adventure. Have fun poking through other peoples junk to find some treasures. Make sure you get the best deal.
- Go on a walk or hike together. Get a Multi Headphone Splitter so you are listening to the same music.
- Grab a chick flick and have a movie night with lots of chocolate. I really like Mom’s Night Out.
- Craft Night. Do you and your friends have a similar craft interest? Do you want to learn your friend’s craft? I learned how to knit from some great friends. Depending on the crafts this will not cost you much.
- Bible Study. You don’t need to buy a study from a Christian book store to do a Bible study together. Simply pick a chapter of the Bible to read before hand and then get together to pray, sing, and talked about what God has shown you in the Bible.
- Make cards for homebound people in your church. They would be super blessed by your kindness while you strengthen your bond with your friend.
- Game night. Get out some fun party games and simple snacks.
- Progressive Dinner. Each person picks a course and then you travel to each house to eat. It is really fun and lets everyone who wants to play hostess.
- Recipe Swaps. Have a potluck and have everyone bring their favorite dish with the recipe printed on 3×5 cards. Each person is able to try each recipe and then take a card home to make it for their family.
- Group freezer Cooking. Freezer cooking is something I love. It is such a chore though. Find a friend who wants to do the same. Get together and spend the day not only saving money for the day, but saving money for the rest of the month.
- Have a tea party. Serve some nice teas and little sandwiches. Dress up pretty and have some intelligent conversation. Get some conversation starters online.
- Have a karaoke night at home. Grab your favorite tunes and get as silly as possible. Youtube has a lot of karaoke tracks if you don’t have a machine. You can have a competition too kind of like American Idol to see who is the best.
- Photo Shoots. Grab your camera and take pictures of each other. Capture your best moments together with a bunch of together shots to post on instagram.
- Have someone do a Pampered Chef, Origami Owl, Mary Kay, or Perfectly Posh party. I had someone come and do one for my bridal shower. Everyone got free facials and the host got some orders. What a great to support a friend too!
So what is your favorite thing to do on a girl’s night out?
Photo Credit: Flickr CC (text added)