Disney movies have a way of touching your emotions. They can make you laugh so hard your stomach hurts, get the warm fuzzies, sing from a happy heart, and they can also get you all choked up and crying. In 2013 I made it my goal to watch all the animated films in order. I accomplished my goal! Now I am going to share with you the 10 saddest Disney moments for me. This list does not include Pixar films. These are in no particular order.
- Dumbo: The part where Jumbo rocks Dumbo when she is locked up. That part gets me bawling. Poor Dumbo only has Timothy Mouse and is just a baby. Jumbo is the only person who can hold and love him as he needs. She does her best even if it through the bars. The song she sings gets me so choked up.
- Brother Bear: When Kenai finally tells Koda that he killed her mom. Koda trusted him so much and to see that trust lost along with the loss of his mother is rough.
- Up:When he finally looks past the page about adventures and realizes she thought their everyday life was adventure. It really hit hard for me and my hubby who are battling infertility and right now don’t have money for lots of world adventures.
- Bambi: Bambi’s mom death. Bambi’s mom hears a sound and tells Bambi to run and not to look back no matter what happens. In this disturbingly dark scene, Bambi realizes that his mother is dead.
- Fox and the Hound: When Copper and Tod are fighting against each other because nature dictates they must be enemies.
- Wreck it Ralph: When Ralph destroys Vanellope’s car and she says he really is a bad guy. I feel sad because Ralph doesn’t believe Vanellope after the friendship they developed.
- Pocahontas: The scene where Pocahontas throws herself in the way, successfully stopping Smith’s execution and convincing her father to cease the fighting between the two groups. All parties accept gracefully, except Ratcliffe, who tries to shoot Chief Powhatan in anger with Smith taking the bullet.
- Cinderella: The abuse of Cinderella by the step mother and sisters especially when the evil stepmother unleashes her ghastly daughters onto Cinderella, the two less attractive stepsisters tear apart Cinderella’s dress that the mice have made.
- The Rescuers: The abuse of Penny by the hands of Madame Medusa. Madame Medusa was so mean and hateful to Penny.
- The Lion King: The death of Mufasa. Poor Simba! Then Scare causes more insult to injury by making Simba believe he was the cause of Mufasa’s death.
Thankfully, most Disney movies end with a happy ending. Cinderella got her prince, Penny got adopted by a loving couple, Simba takes back the Pride Lands and so on.
So, do you agree with my list? Any to add?