Dunedin, Florida is a short hop from the busyness of Clearwater Beach. One of my favorite spots in Florida is Dunedin. It is a really small town that is BIG in the arts and community. Downtown Duendin has free wifi, water bowls for dogs all over, and beautiful, funky artwork all over like painted and decorated bikes, painted dolphin sculptures and more. Here are my top 10 reasons to visit Dunedin, Florida but I didn’t list everything you can see and do in this great area.
10 Reasons to Visit Dunedin, Florida
- Casa Tina’s – Casa Tina’s is an awesome dining experience. They have amazing Mexican cuisine! Casa Tina’s also provides entertainment with their acrobats that you can watch while you eat. It is also interesting to know that when Morgan Freeman was in Clearwater for the taping of Dolphin Tale 2 he dined at Casa Tina’s quite often.
- Pan Y Vino’s – This is the most romantic pizza place ever. Their pizzas are made in a brick oven. The place is decorated with decorative frames, candles, and authentic Italian decor. Pan Y Vino’s is owned by the same people who own Casa Tina’s.
- Edgewater Park – Edgewater Park is where things happen. There is always something going on. The weekend before last was the annual Orange Festival. I like the United States Statue that has a rock from every state.
- Edgewater Pier – A short walk from the park is the pier. If you love to fish, you will not want to miss this spot. There is even a table for you to clean the fish you catch. My husband and I like sitting on the benches and just smelling the saltwater. There is a hotel right off the pier that has an outside band that you can listen to as well.
- Strachan’s Ice Cream – Strachan’s Ice Cream has two locations, but there is one in the downtown area. It is always super packed but very well worth the wait to get homemade ice cream, sundaes, and shakes. I has 2 scoops of ice cream- one orange creamsicle and one birthday cake scoop.
- 2nd Friday Art & Wine Walk – Every 2nd Friday there is a Art & Wine Walk Wine. Buy an armband for just $10 and get wine sample from many of the downtown shops. There is also live music in the streets and several crafters out sharing their wares.
- Kiwanis Sprayground – This a great, fun place to take the kids on a hot Florida day!
- Painted Fish Art Gallery – Painted Fish Art Gallery is just one of the several art galleries you can leisurely stroll through in Downtown Dunedin. Lot’s of beautiful Florida themed art for you to admire and buy!
- Stirling Tropical Wines – You can enjoy a free wine tasting at this cute little wine shop. Lots’s of Florida themed wine accessories to choose from as well. The owners are so friendly.
- Raspberries Gift Shop – Raspberries gift shop is one of the many quaint little gift shops you will find in Downtown Dunedin. From their Facebook Page “Part gift store and part fiber art/jewelry studio specializing in luxury and premium yarns for knitting, crocheting and accessory embellishments. Raspberries and R Studio is a groovy gift shop…located in a picturesque farm cottage near the Pinellas Trail in historic Dunedin.”
I have mentioned some of the fun things to do, but there is also a LOT of history in Dunedin. Make sure you visit the little museum in the Downtown Area as well.
What are your favorite things to do in Downtown Dunedin?